Friday, August 9, 2013
A Time and Place....
When I was younger I really enjoyed writing. I was one of those students that enjoyed creative writing, especially when we were able to choose whatever we wanted to write about. See, back then there was an excuse, a reason for me to write. Whether it was for a daily journal entry for my Literature class, a research paper, a creative writing project….there was always a time and place for it. As the years have gone by, I don’t write as much…well hardly at all, unless its a “Facebook update”, heh. I’m not sure of the reason. It could be that the kids take up too much of my time, so that when I finally have that “free” time to relax, I don’t want to sit down and waste my time writing. But I guess what I hadn’t realized was that writing down my thoughts and emotions isn’t a waste of my time. If anything…it’s therapeutic. I used to feel such a relief…a weight off my shoulders when I would just jot crap down…whatever I was thinking….just jot it down, and when I was done…I didnt feel so stressed. My issue is that I’m very opinionated and have thoughts about a lot of stuff. Spending the majority of my day with a 5 year old and a 2 year old, I dont really get to enjoy adult conversations. Even then, its not that I’m insecure about the way I think, but its not very easy for me to express myself, unless I’m “worked up” over it. I dont have that one person I could just vent to and talk about what this mind of mine is thinking or feeling. This is where the blog comes into play. I figured, “Why the heck not?” My thoughts, my emotions…being expressed. Whoever wants to read about what I’m feeling, go ahead! But that wouldnt be the main goal or reason behind my blog. I just need a place to vent.
So, here’s to the hopefully many more blog entries I plan to post! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment